Thai Style Fish Curry
4 PEOPLE – 30 MINS
This dish is packed full of flavour. If Whiting is not available Hake is a great alternative.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
- 700g whiting, skinned, boned and cut into 2½ cm chunks
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 200ml fish stock or water
- 2-3 tablesp. Thai red curry paste
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped into 2cm slices
- Rind and juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Rice or noodles
- Sautéed spinach or stir-fried pak choi
Pour the coconut milk and stock or water into a heavy-based pan and bring to the boil. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook, stirring occasionally, until the milk thickens and reduces a little.
Stir in the red curry paste and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
Add in the cucumber slices and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Add in the fish and simmer very gently for 3-5 minutes. Very carefully stir in the lime juice and rind and a pinch of sugar. Be careful not to break up the pieces of fish. Taste and season with a little salt and black pepper.